William T. Curran
Assistant: Cheryl Weiland
Bill represents clients with issues in almost all areas. In his years of practice, Bill started with an emphasis on the courtroom handling trials from personal injury to business disputes. He then grew into all types of business and commercial disputes, real estate development, family succession planning, estate planning and probate matters. He serves as an advisor to municipal, corporate and sophisticated clients who rely on him to provide creative, cost-effective solutions to complex problems. Bill also serves as a Trustee on six charitable trusts or foundations and over 10 private family trusts. He has been chosen by other lawyers to serve as a Mediator in litigation matters.
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- General Litigation
- Estate Planning and Probate
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, WI
- B.A., Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Curran, Hollenbeck & Orton, S.C., Mauston, WI., 1975 – Present
- Village Attorney
- Township Attorney
- Mediator: 1995 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Wisconsin Bar Association,
- Litigation Section,
- Business Law Section,
- General Practice Section,
- Board of Governors, 2009 – 2013
- Executive Committee, 2010 – 2013
- Governor’s Advisory Council on Judicial Selection: 1987 – 1992
- Chairman: 1992 – 2001
- Resumed as member 2010 – 2018
- Presided over the screening process by which the Governor appointed Judge
- Federal Judge’s Nominating Commission, 2001-2008; 2012-Present
- Sauk County and Juneau County Bar Associations
- Greater Sauk County Community Foundation: Director, 2008 – 2020
- Mauston Area Development Corporation: Director & Officer
- St. Patrick Church Finance Committee
- Trustee on several charitable foundations and family trusts
Peer Review and Awards
- American College of Trial Lawyers: 2001 – Present (Admission as a fellow in the college is by invitation only and is limited to the top 1% of all lawyers in the State having a minimum of 15 years of trial experience and having passed peer review in the areas of skill, ability and ethics).
- “AV®Preeminent™ (highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Super Lawyer” (repeat selection) as published by Milwaukee Magazine.
- Litigation counsel of America: Fellow, 2014-Present (a peer invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society-its purpose is to promote superior advocacy and ethical standards).
Significant Cases Handled
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Litigation, Business Law, General Practice Sections
- Governor District 7 (nine counties): 2009-Present
- Governor’s Advisory Council on Judicial Selection
- Statewide Member: 1987 – 2001
- Chairman: 1992-2001
- Presided over the screening process by which the Governor appointed Circuit Judges, several Court of Appeals Judges and 3 State Supreme Court Justices.
We can help. Contact us.
Send us an email or give us a call today.
"*" indicates required fields
If you send an email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this e-mail service. The firm may choose not to accept you as a client.
Our lawyers are only a phone call away.