Eric S. Johnson
Assistant: Crystal LaMont
Eric Johnson is experienced in a broad range of business, real estate and estate planning matters. He routinely handles the purchase and sale of homes, businesses, condominiums, farms and factories, including asset transfers, stock transfers and Section 1031 exchanges. Eric helps clients create, operate, buy, sell and dissolve corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, and condominium associations. Not only does he have transactional experience in these areas, but Eric also has experience litigating these matters when necessary. His trial and transactional experience provide practical insights and strategies unavailable to those who limit their practice to only the office or the courtroom. Finally, Eric has extensive experience advising clients regarding estate planning and probate matters.
Eric’s dedication to excellence and his attention to detail are greatly appreciated by his clients, and have been recognized throughout his career, beginning with his selection to “Order of the Coif” (the top 10% of his law school class), to his receipt of an “AV ® Preeminent™” rating from Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating it bestows, based upon scores given by judges and other attorneys), to his repeat selection as a “Rising Star” in the legal profession by Super Lawyers (the top 2.5% of lawyers under 40 in the State).
Primary Areas of Practice:
- Business transactions and litigation
- Real estate transactions and litigation
- Estate planning and probate
- J.D., cum laude, University of Wisconsin Law School, Madison, WI, 2007
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., summa cum laude, UW – Whitewater, 2003
- Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2007
- U.S. District Courtt, Western District of Wisconsin, 2007
- Curran, Hollenbeck & Orton, S.C., Mauston, WI., 2007 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Wisconsin Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- Litigation Section, 2007 – Present
- Business Law Section 2007 – Present
- Juneau County Bar Association 2007 – Present
- President, 2010 – Present
- iLEAD Charter School, Mauston School District: Governance Council Member, 2011 – Present.
- Patrick Church: Finance Committee, 2015 – Present
- Juneau County Dementia Coalition: Member, 2019 – Present
- Mauston Chamber of Commerce: 2007 – 2010, President, 2009
Peer Review and Awards:
“AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
“Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
We can help. Contact us.
Send us an email or give us a call today.
If you send an email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this e-mail service. The firm may choose not to accept you as a client.
Our lawyers are only a phone call away.