Curran Law Office was established in 1935 in Mauston Wisconsin by Attorney Charles P. Curran. The firm later expanded to include Charles’ two brothers, William R. Curran and Thomas J. Curran. The younger brothers went on to serve as Judges: William R. Curran as the Circuit Judge for Juneau County (1950 – 1980) and Thomas J. Curran as U.S. District Judge of the Eastern District of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee (1984 – 2005).
In 1976, William T. Curran, the son of Thomas J. Curran, joined the firm. In 1984, Catherine Curran Orton, the daughter of Thomas, joined the firm along with her husband, John R. Orton. In 2003, Paul S. Curran, another son of Thomas, joined the firm. Finally, in 2012, Peter J. Curran, the son of William and grandson of Thomas, joined the firm.
Here are a few significant events in the growth of the firm:
- Curran Law Office (1935 -1939)
- Charles P. Curran (1935 – 1995)
- Curran & Curran (1939 – 1949)
- William R. Curran, (1939 -1950).
- Curran, Curran & Curran (1949 – 1950)
- Thomas J. Curran (1949 – 1983)
- Curran & Curran (1950 – 1970)
- William R. Curran leaves the firm in 1950 to serve as Juneau County Circuit Judge from 1950 – 1980
- Fred D. Hollenbeck III (1967 – 2017)
- Curran, Curran & Hollenbeck (1970 – 1988)
- William T. Curran (1975 – Present)
- Thomas J. Curran leaves firm in 1983 to serve as District Judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (1984 – 2005).
- John R. Orton (1984 – Present)
- Catherine Curran Orton (1984 – Present)
- Curran, Hollenbeck & Orton, S.C. (1988 – Present)
- Thomas J. Casey (1990 – Present)
- Paul S. Curran (2003 – 2008) currently serving as Juneau County Circuit Court Judge (2008 – Present)
- Eric S. Johnson (2007 – Present)
- Andrea Von Hoff (2010 – Present)
- Peter J. Curran (2012 – Present)
We can help. Contact us.
Send us an email or give us a call today.
If you send an email through this service, your email will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this e-mail service. The firm may choose not to accept you as a client.
Our lawyers are only a phone call away.